Ahh, the sophisticated world of blogging. We live in a time where we can literally think something and have someone 2000 miles away read that thought in less than a minute.
As I sit here (in 91 degree weather) watching the girls swim in their floppy sided pool, I look around and think, “ok, Kelli, Texas isn’t ALL that bad, is it?” Hmmm.
I weigh out the pros and cons:
~It’s so stinkin’ hot here. Hotter than what I can only imagine the Sahara Desert feels like at dead noon in the middle of the summer.
~There are really no mountains to speak of (at least in this area). I actually had a euphoric moment as I drove up and over the toll road. I think my ears popped a little bit and I felt a bit of altitude sickness.
~ Tornados- no explanation needed.
OK, so those are the cons. But where Texas fails in those areas it sure makes up for in other areas.
~The people. People in Texas are truly wonderful. And boy, are they proud of their state. Never have you seen a group of people more dedicated and proud to be called Texans. We have made many wonderful friends who have helped make our first 2 years here very memorable. One friend in particular stands out in my mind. This person shall remain COMPLETELY nameless (pa-caw).
~ There are so many things to do. I’m not knockin’ Montana (I will always be a Montana girl at heart) but if you’re not a hunter, fisherman, skier, or college student, the only thing left for you is the occasional trip to Wal-Mart. One of the reasons we picked Austin was because it was centrally located between all of the bigger cities. 2 hours from Houston, 2 hours from Dallas, and 2 hours from San Antonio. We’ve had a great time exploring and enjoying all of the things the bigger cities have to offer, but not having to live IN them.
~ Cheap flights. Now, granted, we have no money to actually purchase these cheap tickets, but someday when we’re rich and famous from curbing , we’ll be able fly in and out of Austin for a ¼ of the price of a ticket in MT.
~ Cul-de-sacs are great. We are very blessed to live in a wonderful little neighborhood. We’re surrounded by great Christian neighbors with kids who are the girl’s ages.
So, the conclusion I’ve come to as I sit here in my lawn chair, drinking iced tea, listening to the birds, enjoying the pink flowers that just started blooming on tree, and watching my girls splash and laugh, is that Texas really isn't ALL that bad!
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would just like to point out that you put it in writing that there are no mountains in Texas.
:)
Post a Comment