Monday, February 16, 2009

Ain't Life The Pits

Instead of whining and moaning about all the drama of the last week, we have decided that our life resembles that of a sad country song and we should just put it to music, cash in, and become famous.

I can hear it now....

"My house...it was flooded
And we ain't got any floor.
And my dog, he done run off
and he ain't comin' back no more.

My kid got the flu
Now I'm stuck playin' nurse.
I'm fixin' to scream
Can thing get any worse?

I stepped on a rusty nail
Had to go get me a shot.
Good thing I don't drink
or I'd be drinkin' a lot!


Hope that made y'all smile :)

Despite all of these crazy things, we're doing ok. God has blessed us in a lot of different way throughout all the drama. We are getting better and better about looking for His goodness even in the "storms". We have been blessed with a lot of business calls from the ad that just came out in the Elegant Living magazine. Andy and Jacob have been doing bids like crazy. The girls are fine....just missing Popcorn (the dog) right now.

We'll keep you posted. Hopefully by the time I update my blog again we will have new floors (hardwood in the livingroom and tile in the kitchen, bath, hallway and entry), Popcorn will have returned, and all the drama will be gone.

For now...here are some fun misc. pictures to enjoy.
PLEASE CLICK TO ENLARGE

Haylee loves her new tricycle! Thanks, April.

Ready to go to school.


The good thing about having no floor is we can blow bubbles inside!


Making Abraham Lincoln's log cabin for President's Day.


Haylee and her friend, Savanah, making Valentines bags.


Kaycee and her friend, Brianne, making Valentines bags.

4 comments:

Kevin and Laura said...

Love the song and so sorry about your week. Hope to see you all soon.

Anonymous said...

That song was great! I'd buy it if I was a rich country music producer... Sorry to hear about the house and the dog!!! Sounds like everything hit at once! :( We're thinking of you over here, sending our big hugs!

Anonymous said...

Your song made me laugh!Thanks I needed that! It was great!

It's About Him said...

I feel so sorry for y'all having to be outside in short sleeves in February! (We just got 6" of snow yesterday-Feb.26)

Hugs and smooches,
Aunt P@