Thursday, April 28, 2011





May 1st marks a few big milestones for us:

12 years ago, Andy and I stood in front of our family and friends and vowed to love each other unconditionally, forever. I'm thankful to be celebrating this many years together and look forward to the next 12. It will, undoubtedly, be filled with ups and downs, good times and bad times, and laughter and tears, but who better to share those times with than your best friend.

"Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby
We might've took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday

They said, "I'll bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holdin' on
We're still together still goin' strong"

You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night

Ain't nothin' better
We beat the odds together
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missin' "
-Shania Twain

5 years ago, we pulled out of Montana and headed for a new life in Texas. We took a huge leap of faith pulling into a strange state with 2 kids, all our belongings, no place to live, no job, and knowing NOONE! It turned out to be a great blessing and we're very thankful for God's direction.

May 1st will mark another big milestone.

From this day forward, I am going to *try* to not complain about Texas, the heat, the tornadoes, the lack of snow, the lack of family or the cockroaches and snakes. I will, instead, try to be greatful for our house, our family, our friends, our jobs, church, and the sunshine. While Bozeman, Montana will always be my hometown and I will always be a Montana girl at heart, I have realized that Texas isn't as bad as I thought it was and maybe it's time for me to pull up my big girl panties, saddle up my horse, hang my hat proudly, and declare to "y'all" that we are now, officially, Texans.

Growth, y'all. Growth.



(*whispering* to my northern advocates: " I do not plan to give up my quest. ")


(Make sure you click the pictures to enlarge. I didn't have time to size them.)



Haylee at Pflugerville Lake






Kaycee at Pflugerville Lake





Fun at the park






Kaycee




Inner Space Caverns 3rd grade field trip




Girl Scout Campout in Wimberly





My little campers






This is how we roll when we camp...








Silly girls




Kaycee half way up the rock wall...did not surprise me





This, however did surprise me. This is Haylee.





Getting ready for the trail ride.






Haylee didn't want to go any further than this.




Troop 488






The entire clan







Bowling with grandpa and grandma for Easter






Legos with grandma





Painting with grandpa





My little monkey


































1 comment:

Arlen & Vickie said...

Thanks so much for posting the updates! Concerning your statement: "I have realized that Texas isn't as bad as I thought it was and maybe it's time for me to pull up my big girl panties, saddle up my horse, hang my hat proudly, and declare to "y'all" that we are now, officially, Texans," well, I'm going to double my prayer for you guys now!!! :o) (Uncle Arlen)