Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Well...I'm looking at the calendar for August and GOOD GRIEF, we're BUSY! This is our busiest month this summer. I hope we can keep up :) We're just praying daily for strength and patience.

Here's what our month looks like (in case anyone cares)

-We start off with a birthday party on Saturday (2nd)
-Haylee's birthday party is Sunday afternoon (3rd)
-Haylee's actual birthday is Monday (4th)
-Once a month art class for Kaycee in the morning(5th)
School meeting in the evening
-Start setting up for Austin Home and Garden Show (6th and 7th)
-Home and Garden Show beings (8th)
-Home and Garden Show (9th)
-Home and Garden Show (10th)
-Tear down from Home and Garden Show (11th and 12th)
-BREAK ON THE 13th!! WOOHOO!!
-Homeschool convention in The Woodlands (north of Houston) (14th and 15th)
-Madison and Mackenzie's birthday party (16th)
-Work at The Children's Place for tax free weekend (17th)
-Take dinner to friends who just had a baby (19th)
-Open House-Grace Harbor Learning School starts (20th) www.graceharborlearning.com
-End of the summer cul-de-sac bbq (23rd) yes, it was my idea. I can't really complain
-First day of Grace Harbor Learning for Kaycee (27th)

Somewhere in all that craziness, I have to get my room decorated for Treasure Patch (http://rrcoc.org/mothers-day-out) this year. The theme is "under the sea" and my class will be star fish.

I also have to get Kaycee's homeschool year planned out. She will be taking piano lessons for the first time. We decided that it would NOT be best for me to try to teach her even though I know how to play. I will help her practice, but we decided she'll learn better with someone else. History, math, spelling, etc...NO PROBLEM. We don't care if she doesn't like those things. She has to learn them. We hope she'll aquire a love for music on her own. I don't want to do anything to hinder that.
She will also be returning to her theater class this year. She's so excited. This class is called "Bound for Broadway".

Haylee will be attending her 2nd year at Treasure Patch. It will be nice not having her RIGHT next door where she can see me all the time. She'll be further down the hall. Madison and Mackenzie will be in her class again. I can only imagine the amount of patience their teacher is already praying for :)

So, all this to say if you find me in the corner curled up in a fetal position sometime in the near future, you'll know why. It means I didn't survive this crazy month. Just throw a bar of chocolate in front of me and I'll snap out of it eventually.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

You forgot to mention that you have also decided to move up and teach the older 3's class. Right?? Am I right?????

(Just kidding!)

Enjoy your busy month! It will fly by!

Kelly T said...

haha...oh my!!! You ARE busy! I will keep you in my prayers and I hope that busy turns into a very full and fun month.

I hope the bday party is fun!! I have not even planned anything for Lacy yet. I dont think we will have a themed party...most likely just family/neighbors with some cake and presents:)

Hugs!!

Staci said...

Dude.

You apparently forgot about your trip to see us. Remember?

I have it on *my* calendar....

AVTofslie said...

It's nice to see that there is someone else as busy as this old man! Trust that you guys are not "cooking" in that hot Texas heat. (Sure glad I'm not in your oven!) We've got the middle 90's here in Montana, and that's nice and cool compared to what you have. Blessings! Uncle Arlen