Yes, even us PERFECT people make mistakes. I know, I know....SHOCKING, isn't it?!?!
Bad Parenting confession #1: I just realized that my almost 7 year old does not know how to tie her shoes!!
This embarassing discovery came a few nights as we were buying new white tennis shoes to go with her school uniform. We bought them, got home, tried them on for daddy only to be told "Mommy, I don't know how to tie these." WHAT?!?!?!?! OK...keep calm. Do not panic. No one except Andy heard that. And he calmly turned his back and pretended NOT to hear it. So there I sit, pondering why my precious little ALMOST 7 year old does not know how to tie her shoes.
Well.....it dawns on me after several minutes, why WOULD Kaycee know how to tie her shoes? All we have worn since we moved to Texas 2 years ago are Crocs, sandles, and flip flops. Not shoes. Nothing that ties. Nada.
So, we began the rushed effort last night to teach the shoe-tying technique. We'll keep you posted.
Bad Parenting Confesson #2
Blue food coloring will stain EVERYTHING! Haylee decided, in the 2 minutes I left her unattended, that she wanted to make "chocolate". This, in her adorable little mind, meant squirting blue food coloring all over her play food in her bedroom. And of course, when we make "chocolate", we HAVE to taste it, right? Haylee's hands are stained blue, her mouth was blue, her clothes....blue. THANKFULLY, she missed the carpet. When I asked her what in the WORLD she was doing, she looks up at me with her wide adorable blue eyes (and blue mouth) and said, "I just wanted to make chock-o-lit". *sigh* What will it be next?!? Stay tuned...I'm sure it won't be long until we find out.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha...totally funny...BUT...where are the choc-o-lit photos!:) I wanted to see blue Haylee!! We found black big crayon ALL over Lacy's red chair one night after she was in bed...and I mean ALL over it:)
Post a Comment