Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summer Update

(Sorry...I got the pictures backwards. The oldest is at the bottom)

I guess it's about time I update again. I gotta keep up with Lisa. We've been pretty busy the last month. We started June out with Champs Camp (Vacation Bible School). The theme was "There's No Place Like Rome". The girls had a great time!! We also snuck in a quick trip to Sea World with a group of friends. We always have a great time there.

We made a trip to Michigan for Andy's grandpa's funeral. It was a nice service and it was fun to see everyone and even meet new family. We stayed with Jim's cousin (Andy's second cousin), Sally. She has a beautiful home and the kids enjoyed the pool. We were hoping to be able to make it to Montana this summer as well, but time/money will not allow us to be gone two times in one month.

Kaycee and Haylee started summer sports at the YMCA. Kaycee is playing basketball and loves it. Haylee is playing soccer and hates it. And yes.....I was the idiot who signed up to coach her team. Now I'm stuck coaching with a child who detests the sport.

Lisa, Madison, and Josiah are here visiting for about a week. Jerred was deployed to Iraq a few days ago. He will be gone for 6 months so Lisa and the kids will be moving up to Montana during that time. It's fun having them all here right now.




Haylee on the airplane

Fun on the farm in Michigan

Hmm...it's been so long since we've seen these things.

Kaycee- age 7 1/2

Haylee - almost 4

Having fun in Aunt Sally's pool

I love swimming.

The Pease clan after the funeral.

Ready...Set...Dive!

Kaycee and Grandma Pease

This is the tree Papa and Grandma planted over their babies.

All the little girls got to put a flower on Papa's grave.

Look! I'm brave!

All 6 girls together....poor Josiah. He's outnumbered.





We caught fireflies!

Hard to see....out catching fireflies at Aunt Sally's

Andy's family
Uncle Dave is inspecting the girls work

Kaycee and Sarah
Andy, Nathan, and Jim reading from Papa's journal.

All the kiddos together

Andy and great grandma

Bad to the bone!

Soccer girl

Basketball girl

Texas sunset

Part of the Champs Camp group...couldn't do a panoramic





Trying to stay cool
Kaycee and Dylan on the Shamu roller coaster

Best Friends!
Having fun with shaving cream


































2 comments:

AVTofslie said...

Thanks so much for the update. I see on the news that Texas is having some record setting high temps. Hope you're enjoying the sweltering heat, while I enjoy the moderate 70's and 80's here in Paradise Montana. :o) Will miss you this summer. I'm looking forward to see your sis soon! Think of you all and pray for you all often. Blessings to you! Uncle Arlen

Maryann Kelly said...

Those girls are so stinking cute in their sports uniforms... :)