Kaycee's 8th Birthday!
As you know, our family pretty much lives at Sea World. We get a lot of use out of our season passes. The girls love it and it really never gets old for Andy or me either.
I'm sure you all are tired of seeing pictures, but you have to take a second to look at these. For Kaycee's birthday, we wanted to surprise her by getting her "picked" to go up on stage for the Shamu "Believe" Show. I made several calls, only to be told they DO NOT honor requests for birthdays and the kids are picked at random. I was, however, determined not to give up. My philosophy is..."no" does not mean "no" until the head dog says "NO!"
We were given a bit of advice as to what they look for in the audience (clothing, appearance, height, etc.) So, we showed up early and I made it my mission to talk to whoever I could and go as high up the "chain of command" as I could to get this accomplished. It was hard, but I managed to get a response of "I cannot guarantee she'll be picked, but we'll try." Sure enough...we waited and 45 minutes prior to the show starting and they came up to Kaycee and asked her if she would like to meet Shamu!!!!! She was SOOOO excited!
During the last 5 minutes of the show, she got to go up on stage and answer the 4 questions: What is your name? (Kaycee) Where do you live? (Round Rock) What is your dream? (To be a veterinarian) Who did you come here to see? (Shamu)
Then they told her she had the best seat in the house and Shamu came right up on the stage with her!!!! They gave her a necklace she got to make Shamu do a trick for the audience.
She did so well...answered all the questions nice and loud and wasn't shy. It was perfect! She was grinning ear to ear the rest of the day.
Haylee had a great day as well! She was finally tall enough to ride The Texas Splash Down (log ride) and the Rio Loco (white water rapid ride.) We told her to stretch like a giraffe so she would meet the height requirement. :)
For Kaycee's birthday party, we kept it small and she invited a few girlfriends (and Tristin) over for cake and ice cream and they watched Bedtime Stories. I'm not sure if I can handle the all nighters yet.
Please make sure to click on the stage pics to enlarge! I am trying to upload the video, but having problems.

















3 comments:
Holy cow. You have an eight year old. You're old!!! ;)
How cool for Kaycee! So glad she got to do that. Isn't the Lord good to us in even the little things of life? (Psm 119:68)
[By the way, if you'd get rid of that archaic Microsoft junk and get a Mac, you'd do well with video clips.] :o) Uncle Arlen
Whoa....I wigged out for a minute, thinking I had missed her birthday.
Glad she got the thrill of being up with Shamu. Jason got picked at Sea World in San Diego when he was 9; wow, was that fun for him!
AP@
Post a Comment