Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Camping.... Texas Style

Somehow, people have gotten the impression that I hate camping.  I don't HATE it, but I'm not gonna lie...if I had my choice, I'd rather be sleeping in a 5 star motel with room service and a pending appointment to the all- inclusive spa. Yep. I'm girly.

I do enjoy lakes, mountains, campfires,  fishing, and some dirt. However, I'm pretty sure if God had intended us to live in the outdoors and rough it, he wouldn't have given us the skills to build shopping malls, invent pillow top mattresses and hair straighteners.

Here are some pics from our camping trip to Inks Lake yesterday. We rented a little cabin and had a fun 24 hours. We fished, made smores, watched shooting stars, and played in the lake.

As you view the pictures, you will notice the bunk beds (not a tent with sleeping bags), an air conditioner (not the wide open blue sky and fresh air), a scooter (not good old fashioned hiking shoes and a walking stick) and a contained fire pit (not a self built camp fire). What can I say, people. This is camping....TEXAS style but more importantly KELLI STYLE! Don't judge.

































2 comments:

AVTofslie said...

Oh my goodness! Texas has really made a "girl" out of you. Whatever you do, don't call it 'camping.' (Perhaps an evening's stay at the Motel 13 or something would be appropriate. :o) Love you!
Uncle Arlen

Unknown said...

Where did the cat come from? Do you have a new pet!?!? :)