Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Finally!!! An update!!!

Is it possible that it's been over 3 months since I've updated our blog? Well, it just shows how busy our summer was. As most of you have kept up with updates and pictures on Facebook, none of this news will come as a surprise. Here is a quick recap of what has been going on with us lately.

I am enjoying my job with Starwood booking hotel reservations from home. I am working 8-2 everyday except Wednesday and Sunday. It's working out very well so far. I applied for a job in the Luxury department and I actually was hired, but I had to turn it down as they were not willing to give me the same schedule I have right now. I was very disappointed, but it was more important that I have a good schedule for my family's sake. Maybe next time.

Haylee got her cast off today!! She has been in the cast for 9 weeks after breaking and dislocating her arm after a fall from her little bike. Because of the severity of the break, she will still have to wear a sling for 3 more weeks. It's been a looong 9 weeks, but she has been a fantastic patient. She will still have limited activities at school for quite a while.

Both girls are enjoying school so far. Kaycee is in 3rd grade and Haylee started Kindergarten. Yeeshk! They both love their teachers and seem to be doing very well. I enjoy having Wednesdays off so I can help in their classrooms or sub at their school. I am so proud of both of them. They are good listeners and both work very hard to make new friends and make their teachers happy. Haylee's favorite subject is lunch (go figure) and Kaycee likes everything except PE (apparently she hates push ups.)

Andy is still working at Best Buy. He was only suppose to be there for 2 months when they asked him to come back last year, but we're thankful that he has a job during this bad economical time. Our business has slowed way down, as it usually does in the summer. We're hoping it picks up as the weather cools down.

My mom came to visit for Haylee's 5th birthday. She had a fun triple birthday party with her best friends, Madison and Mackenzie at Build-A-Bear. Hard to believe they are 5 years old!!

Our home was virtually untouched by the recent tropical storm that went through Central Texas, but several people have lost everything they own due to massive flooding. We are trying to help in anyway we can. It has been a sad, yet great teaching moment for the girls. They have been learning the true meaning of thankfulness and empathy. They have rounded up toys and books and clothes to give to families with kids who lost everything. I'm very proud of their giving and willing hearts.

We get to go to Colorado for Christmas and we're super excited!!! No Texas Christmas for us this year!! We're already starting to pray for snow! We are saving up to head to Montana this summer and we look forward to seeing a lot of family and friends. It's hard to believe it's been 2 years since we've been back. We truly miss you all and still consider Montana to be home (shhhh, don't tell Andy.)

Another bit of news....we are officially helping with a new church plant here in Round Rock. We are very excited about the launch of Fulcrum Community Church and looking forward to seeing where God can use our family. We have, by no means, disconnected ourselves from RRCOC, but we felt God leading us to this new adventure. As is fitting with the title of our blog, Our Adventures Down South, we are always looking forward to whatever adventures God puts before us.

Some of the pictures are out of order, but I did the best I could....enjoy!!




Searching for treasure

Uncle Nathan came to visit!

Beautiful butterfly on the tree in our backyard.

Ready, aim, FIRE!

Chillin' in the Texas heat.

Frozen Yogurt!!

Wonderful Texas rain!



Kaycee

The bug I found on the porch

Haylee and her best friends, Madison and Mackenzie

Happy 5th Birthday, Haylee

Grandma came to visit!!

Haylee's first kindergarten drawing (a scarecrow)


Sprinkler Park fun!

Just out of surgery July 13th

Headin' home!

The break and dislocation!

9 weeks later....calling grandma to tell her the good news! Cast is off!

Sweet Kaycee

Sweet Haylee

Finally, a day under 100 degrees

First day of school

Awww! Precious!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ok i started tearing up with last two pictures...how precious siblings are!

janine said...

I loved your pictures, I can't believe we didn't see each other but a couple of times this summer!