Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holiday Fun

Here are just a few random pics before we head to Montana/Colorado for Christmas (thanks for the idea, Kimberly). I'm sure we'll have a lot to post when we get back.

We went to Shreveport, LA for Thanksgiving to be with Jerred, Lisa, Madison, and baby-in-tummy. We had a blast!


Madison and Uncle Andy playing poker.


The only thing I know how to make that turns out good. Seriously.


Cavemen


Madison and Haylee


Uncle Jerred teaching Kaycee Guitar Hero....the kid friendly version, of course.



We decided to go ahead and put the tree up even though we'd only be able to enjoy it for a few weeks. I'm glad we did. A few weeks seems like an eternity to little people!








Haylee got to put the star on the top.



Making Christmas cookies with daddy.


Awwwwww


We had fun last night at the Round Rock Christmas Stroll. It was crowded, but we enjoyed spending time with the Kennedy's and the Godfrey's.


I like being here.


I'm not sure I do.





Janine, Kelli, and Mindy



Now we're back and gearing up for our LOOOONNNNGGGGG road trip. We will be heading out the middle of next week and going as far as Windsor, Colorado to stay overnight with my parents. We're estimating 15 hours. YUK. Then we'll go the rest of the way to Bozeman...another 10 hours. Double YUK. Ever driven through Wyoming in the middle of winter?!?!? Please pray for good roads and happy children.

Kaycee and Haylee both have performances Tuesday evening. Yep. It stinks. I will be going to Haylee's Christmas program for TPK (they'd probably also appreciate me being there since my class performs before Haylee's) and Andy will be going to Kaycee's. We won't get to post pictures until we get back as we'll be pretty busy getting ready to leave.

On a side note, most of you know of my decision to leave Treasure Patch. But for those who don't.....well.....here's the short version. I need to spend more time with Kaycee and her homeschooling. Andy is not able to be with her like he was last year on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's been very challenging this year trying to make our schedule work. It has a hard choice to make. This is my 3rd year teaching and I really enjoyed it (most days)! But....Kaycee deserves better than just the basics. We're praying that God will provide financially so we can continue to have Haylee attend. We will have to start paying now that I am not teaching. It will be tricky, but God has never let us down yet.


See....we get "snow" in Texas!


Haylee is a basketcase. Come on, people. That's as good as you'll get from me.

2 comments:

Kelly T said...

Looking at all the photos is getting me SOOOO excited to finally see you all again!! Can't wait for the pizza dinner. We will praying for travel and road conditions for you all as well. We hit the road the 19th. Many hugs.

AVTofslie said...

Couldn't help but "chuckle" a bit when I saw the after effects of your "snow storm." It's been snowing here all day, and the temp has been dropping steadily. I shoved the sidewalk in front of the church twice this morning so I won't have so much to do in the morning. (Hopefully the wind will blow it away by then!) It's now 4:45 Saturday afternoon, and the temp just dropped to -1 with forecast for -12 tonight. Will be praying the Lord gives you complete and total safety on your way to Montana. BRING WARM CLOTHES! Love you! Uncle Arlen