Friday, June 11, 2010

A new adventure

Our family is about to embark on yet another "new adventure." We ask that you keep us in your prayers as we make this small, yet significant change.
We have both been working very hard to pay off personal and business debt, but it's going SOOOOO SLLLOOOOWW!
A job opportunity has come up and will help us meet our goal to have all debt paid off (hopefully) by the end of the year. I honestly have no idea if I will like it, but I feel God opened this door and we are going to take a chance and give it a shot. From what I can tell it's perfect for me and from what I've heard from others, they love it!

I will be working for a company called Starwood as an @Home Reservationist. This is a very reputable company here in Austin that books hotel reservations for the Sheraton, Westin, etc. The great part about it is that I get to work from home in the evenings!! They have been very accommodating and allowed us to work around Andy's schedule. I will also get benefits, including travel.
I will be working M, T, TH, and F from 4-10:30 and a few hours on Saturday. This schedule seems to be the best for us because I can still be involved with the girls school activities, help in their classrooms, help with our business, and work at TPK.

This is also a wonderful change for Andy because he gets to be a more active part of the girls lives. He has really missed being able to tuck them in at night, help with homework, etc. Now I just need to teach him to cook (and no, Andy, mac and cheese isn't cooking.)

It will be a significant change, but a good change. Please pray for all of us as we adjust to this new schedule. We are aware there will be sacrifice and hardships as there would be with any new road traveled, but we feel very fortunate to have found a job that allows me to stay home, add income, and not have to put the girls daycare.

I'm reminded of the lyrics to a country song: ..."sink or swim, ya gotta give it a whirl!" Andy and I have had many wonderful adventures in our 10 years. Some have been successes, some have been failures. We continue to look forward to the new things God puts in front of us. So, here's to swimming and not sinking :)

1 comment:

Nicole Whaley said...

You have my prayers. It sounds like an exciting opportunity. I worked in the travel industry for about 6 years and loved it. Hope its a great niche for you.
Miss seeing your family. Love, NIcole